The key coaching concepts of LTAD, Play v Practise and the Game Sense approach are all heavily relied upon in this programme. Our key aim is for the players to learn and develop their skills in a practical and enjoyable setting.
The sessions will reinforce and improve on some ideas already learned, such as the grip, simple techniques, shots/ targets, and basic tactics. However, it will also progress into more advanced technical ideas and new tactics, and look at the psychology of performance in competition.
The session is best suited to players who have some experience on the competitive ladder for squash. Playing Scottish Squash Bronze events are simply the best way to gain experience at introductory level. Players applying for this programme should have entered a minimum of one Scottish Squash Silver event.
High Performance Session;
- Help players playing on the Scottish Squash competition circuit. You can find information on upcoming events in our blog.
- Attendance at this session is through selection only.
- Each group session is 90 minutes long.
- Are best suited to players aged 11 – 16 years.
- Have limited places per squad.
- Are coached by fully qualified, insured and vetted coaches.
- Complete information on the programme can be found here.
If you have a specific question about the class or programme, just Get in Touch!
Western Health and Rackets Club