We make sure to run each session using a variation on a specific type of competition format. For example, sometimes we organise matches in box leagues based on our junior squash ladder, we may run individual competitions, or alternatively, we might have a team competition.
The aim of this session is more than just to have fun (although that’s key to it all!). It’s also to give players the experience of playing different types of events, using both timed and scoring formats. Players learning how to cope with both winning and losing is a fantastic lesson that sport teaches us, especially a sport like squash. Our players learn how to handle both of them with control and manners. During the sessions, players will come up against players both not as good as them and better than them. They will learn how to work with others and set goals for themselves, a valuable life skill for future!
It is recommended that players use these sessions in addition to other play and practise – the more they play the better they’ll become!
WESTERN WEDNESDAY JUNIOR SQUASH SESSION:
- A great introduction before going into our Practise & Play programme.
- Each Playsquash session is one hour long.
- Only fully qualified, insured and vetted coaches run Squashdynamics sessions.
- Suitable for children aged 10 – 12 years.
- No need to book in advance.
- Option to pay per session or weekly subscription.
- Session is held at the Western Health and Rackets Club on Hyndland Road.
- No limit on how many can attend.
- All standards welcome!
If you have a specific question about the class or programme, just use the Get in Touch button!
Western Health and Rackets Club