These sessions are designed to be challenging and will look to refine existing techniques, shots/ targets, and tactics. It will also progress into more advanced technical ideas and new tactics, and look at the psychology of performance under pressure.
All Squashdynamics coaches use tried and tested exercises and activities. For example, sessions in this programme will use more deliberate practise. However, players must maintain a balance of play and practise to ensure they don’t become jaded with their sport. Players are expected to be self motivated to supplement the training sessions with their own practise and matchplay.
The Prime Junior Performance programme is only suited to players who are at an advanced level and are either representing their country or close to selection. We also recommend that players applying for this programme are willing to train between 5 – 12 hours per week to achieve their goals.
Prime Junior Performance session:
- The squad complements the Scottish Squash competition calendar. You can find information on upcoming events in our blog.
- Attendance at this session is through selection only.
- The group session is 90 minutes long.
- Best suited to players aged 14 – 18 years.
- There are eight places per squad.
- Only fully qualified, insured and vetted coaches run Squashdynamics sessions.
- Complete information on the programme can be found here.
If you have a specific question about the class or programme, just Get in Touch!Get in Touch
Western Health and Rackets Club